Francesco Popoli asked 3 questions (Cheating haha)
1. What version of reason are you currently using? do you use record at all?
2. Do you mainly use the builtin synths or do you sample analog synths’ sound into nn-xt like Haezer does?
3. How do you master your songs?
Well Frencesco, I will answer all 3 questions, but don’t get cocky next time and ask like 6 questions in 1. hahaha
1. I use Reason 5 still, I’m actually in between DAW’s right now and I’m learning Logic because I thought Reason 6 was going to be compatible with VST’s but still, nothing. Kinda sad. lol
2. I only use the synths INSIDE of reason. I really enjoy the built in sounds that reason has. A lot of people ask why I don’t use any VST’s and my answer is simple. I know Reason so well that I can make any sound that a producer makes. People think that Massive and Sylenth have totally different sounds that Reason just cannot make, which is very untrue. You just need to know the ins and outs of how the Reason synths work. But that’s the problem, people just want the shortcut. Which I totally agree with haha, thats why I’m learning Logic.
Sometimes I will re-sample sounds that I’ve made. Like, if I have a nice sound that I like, I will bounce the audio from that synth for like 4 bars or something than I will put it into the NNXT and oscillate that or something. It’s really fun to do.
3. I actually do all of my overall mastering IN REASON. People find that hard to believe but Reason actually has some nice mastering tools built in. I took a picture of my overall mastering suite, It’s the built in one, just tweaked a bit:
I hope that answers everything you need Francesco, More Q & A’s coming soon!